Friday, February 14, 2020

Get Up Stand Up

Get Up Stand Up 

Today, after reading an article about my hero, Vivian Gornick, I made a valentine for my husband.  Andy’s hero is Bob Marley.  He wears Bob Marley t-shirts, buys every new damn album (pretty amazing since he died about a hundred years ago) and husband tapes or tacks magazine photos of Marley around his office like some teen-aged boy.  

Lucky me! I found this Bob Marley stamp on an incoming package during the holidays, peeled it off, ever so gently and saved it on my worktable along with about 100 other precious, one of a kind things.  
I am a ‘saver’.  I save stamps, bottle caps, doll parts, buttons,  linens, gilt frames, books, wildflower seeds, art supplies, recipes, miscellaneous ephemera, odd metal bits, beads, coats, artwork, hand tools and power tools.  
It is a happy day when a collection convergence occurs and something new is made.  Today was one of those days when the “practice of art makes flare into bright life, a sense of inner expressiveness that is incomparable.”  (Vivian Gornick, The New Yorker)














1 comment:

  1. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 KG lighter than we do.

    (And actually, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING related to "how" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    TAP on this link to reveal if this short quiz can help you find out your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

Diaries